Ahead of the eleventh November gubernatorial election in Imo State, the Biafra De Facto Customary Government, BDFCG, has advised Imolites not to be discouraged by the experiences of past elections, but to come out in massive numbers and vote for good governance, and defend their vote.
It urged Imolites to unite behind a candidate who demonstrates clear commitment to the welfare, freedom, peace and justice for the people.
In a statement issued by the Spokesperson of the Pro-Biafran group, Prosper Odinga, BDFCG advised voters in the state to look beyond empty promises and scrutinize the track record, integrity and dedication of those seeking to represent them, noting that their vote this time is the remaining instrument for sovereign rights; as the Nigerian constitution is being trampled upon.
The group described the upcoming election as a call to action, a call for a new Imo State within the Biafra space, and an internal referendum that will test the resolve of the people to take control of their political space.
The press statement reads:
“IMOLITES” IN BIAFRIA: DEFEND YOUR SOVEREIGN RIGHTS BY VOTING EN MASSE IN THE NOV 11 GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION – BDFCG
1. The Biafra De Facto Customary Government calls on citizens to come out in massive numbers during the upcoming elections and vote for good governance. Unite behind a candidate who demonstrates a clear commitment to the welfare, freedom, peace, and justice for our people. Look beyond empty promises and scrutinize the track record, integrity, and dedication of those seeking to represent you. Your vote this time is the remaining instrument for your sovereign rights as the Nigerian Constitution is being trampled upon.
2. In light of the pressing security and economic challenges, and above all, the abuse of our sovereign rights, we, the Biafra De Facto Customary Government (BDFCG), as a matter of urgency and deep commitment to the well-being of our people, remind Imolites that Nov 11 is a ‘decisive’ day for a new dawn in their state of affairs, and it all depends on our coming out to vote en masse and being ready to defend our votes. Do not wait to be told to ‘go to court.’ This is a call to action, a call for a new Imo State within the Biafra space, and an internal referendum that will test the resolve of the people to take control of their political space.
3. Ndi Imo must be vigilant in their determination to elect a candidate who is dedicated to the principles of the BDFCG, which include good governance, security, fairness, justice, freedom, and progress. We believe that this election presents an opportunity for our citizens to elect a Governor who will strive to safeguard our people against all forms of oppression, violence, and marginalization.
4. The time has come for the indigenous Imo people to take a stand and assemble their votes for a candidate who possesses a clear vision to liberate and secure Imo state against the vicious attacks, rampages, and other forms of violent crimes that have plagued communities in the state. Our people must work together to give power to the right person, someone who is genuinely committed to the development of Imo state and to curbing the crimes and criminalities that grip us under the current leadership.
5. Biafra ‘Imolites’ deserve a government that prioritizes your safety and well-being. We cannot afford to remain complacent while our communities suffer from the consequences of ineffective policies and a lack of decisive action. It is time for change, and that change starts with each and every one of us by our commitments and exercising our democratic rights at the polling stations on Nov 11.
6. ‘Experience must be the best teacher’ for the Nov 11 Imo Gubernatorial Election. Justice and freedom are never given on a platter of gold. We must be vigilant as this is a call to democratic action. In the midst of INEC IREV complexities and multifaceted collation centers, all polling units and wards must be diligently guarded and protected.
7. The BDFCG recognizes the power of the people in shaping the future of Biafraland in general. This is why we insist that Ndi Imo must unite behind a candidate who embodies the ideals of justice, freedom, and progress. Together, we can bring about a new era of governance that uplifts the lives of Biafran people and ensures a brighter future for generations to come.
8. Raise your voices in unison, mobilize your communities, and ensure that your votes count. Don’t be discouraged by the violent experiences of past elections and resolve to overwhelm the wicked politicians with your votes and ensure you defend your votes. The very moment we are organized, the wicked political class will learn civility, in contrast to selfish stealing and accumulation of public funds. Together, we can bring an end to the reign of bad governance in Biafraland and usher in an era of progress and security.