BIAFRA v NIGERIA CASE FOR SELF-DETERMINATION: Suit No FHC/EN/CS/103/2019:
The Way to Freedom by holding unto the Original Vision, Part 3:
Moving the Motion in the National Assembly for Devolution of Power to the 6 Regions in Nigeria
1. You are advised to start from Parts 1 and 2 of this message. This message is very serious and extremely urgent. I speak with authority on this matter in my capacity as the founder, initiator, originator, creator, vision bearer and the brain behind the original IPOB established by the authority of the Elders of Biafraland. I cannot fold my hands and keep silent and allow the vision to be derailed by some people who have been described by the Lower Niger Congress (LNC) as Biafra Merchants and International Scammers. The name of IPOB is now being ridiculed because of the Biafra Merchants and Scammers without differentiating between the original IPOB of the Elders and the others operating like cultists and gangsters.
2. I do not seek for vainglory or the praises of men but to speak out against the evils and criminalities being perpetrated in the name of Indigenous People of Biafra. It is very important for you to understand the foundation of this struggle by legal methodology consisting of the judicial, political and diplomatic strategies under the Supreme Council of Elders of Indigenous People of Biafra. The Biafran Struggle has entered the next level. We now expect the Biafrans to reason and act with critical thinking and maturity. Just like the Bible says, “that we henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive us” (Eph. 4: 14). The Biafrans have been deceived enough!
3. Certainly, we want freedom but not by lies, deception and false propaganda that destroy and mislead our people. We want freedom but not by destroying the unity of the Biafrans and creating rival cults and gangs of criminals among the Biafrans. Being zealous and sincere in the pursuit of the Biafra Independence Project is not enough without knowledge, wisdom and understanding. In fact, when the blind leads the blind even with their zeal and sincerity, both of them will sincerely fall into the pit with their zeal. Unbridled zeal without knowledge is absolute foolishness no matter how sincere the followers may be.
4. We must call a spade a spade and condemn evils and criminalities being perpetrated in the name of Biafra by those who have taken advantage of the majority of the Biafrans that are vulnerable and emotionally gullible when the name of Biafra is mentioned. It is similar to what is happening in the apostate version of Christianity today where men and women have turned the Churches of God into business enterprises making merchandise of the flocks of Christ. Criminals and charlatans have also turned the Biafra Struggle into international business enterprises. They have no other means of livelihood or occupation except Biafra and will do everything to maintain their Biafra Business Enterprises. They have sacrificed the lives of our youths and rendered many mothers childless while enjoying themselves in luxury.
5. I am sending this message on behalf of the original IPOB of the Elders who constituted the Customary Government of Indigenous People of Biafra in 2012 otherwise called the IPOB CUSTOMARY GOVERNMENT. We have a clear vision and mission with a clear roadmap to achieve the vision of self-determination for the benefit of the Biafrans and other Ethnic Nationalities in Nigeria that desire freedom. We are consistent and persistent. We are almost at the finishing line of the Struggle for self-determination.
6. It is necessary for the Biafrans to understand the journey so far and avoid causing more damage to the Struggle. From 2014 to the present day, we have engaged with the British Government on the issue of the Biafra self-determination struggle. Some people may not understand why we must engage and discuss with the British Government. It is a spiritual principle emphasised by The LORD Jesus Christ that where a man’s treasures are, that is where his heart shall be. Nobody can deny the fact that the British Government and other Governments in the international community including France, Germany, Russia, China, Canada, etc, have invested heavily in Nigeria and will not fold their hands watching as their investments are put in jeopardy because of the Biafran Struggle for self-determination. Therefore, we must sit down to talk with them to find the best solution. We have done this and received favourable responses.
7. The Supreme Council of Elders of Indigenous People of Biafra sent us to meet with the British Government in 2018 and present the Biafra Memorandum titled, “PERMANENT SOLUTION TO THE NIGERIA-BIAFRA CONUNDRUM BASED ON THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT POLICY OF 1969: Memorandum Presented to the British Parliament by Indigenous People of Biafra who are the claimants in Suit No FHC/OW/CS/192/2013 in the Federal High Court of Nigeria, Owerri Judicial Division”. The Memorandum is dated 13 February 2018. I have attached it to this message for all the Biafrans to read on their WhatsApp Platforms.
8. The crux of our Memorandum is that Nigeria should be restructured into regional governments by way of devolution of power to the 6 geopolitical regions so that each region would be autonomous just like in Britain where we have England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales; each having its own Regional Parliament that makes laws to govern its own people within the Great Britain. The Laws of Scotland are different from the Laws of England and Wales. We assured the British Government and all the countries that their investments in our Region shall be safe and intact if granted Regional Government. The Biafrans have also invested in Britain and in other countries of the world and do appreciate the importance of protecting other people’s investments in foreign lands.
9. The British Government conducted due diligence and sent their Officers to interview our Elders in Biafraland before giving us a Reply after a few months. They replied us by their Letter with Reference No MIN/118568/2018 dated 04 May 2018 signed by The Rt Honourable Boris Johnson MP who was then the Secretary of State. He is now the Prime Minister of the Great Britain and still available to us. Obviously, the Biafrans would like to know the response from the British Government.
10. The first statement in their response is that the UK Government fully supports the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Yes, they have not changed their stand on keeping Nigeria as one country. Other world powers we have discussed with also took the same stand. The Biafrans must understand this clearly. On the issue of restructuring into Regional Governments, they agreed with us that it is the best solution but advised that it should be a subject for DEBATE in a democratic way and encouraged all parties to participate actively in the Debate. The British Government and other countries we have discussed with in the international community will support the outcome of the democratic debate on the Restructuring of Nigeria into Regional Governments to keep Nigeria one.
11. The ball is now passed to our politicians in the Parliament to move the Motion for the Debate on Restructuring of Nigeria into Regional Governments. We have put pressure on the Federal Government to present it as an Executive Bill in the National Assembly but the Government is not willing to do so. It is the Prayer No 7 in our Originating Summons in the case now in the Court of Appeal. We have contacted some of our politicians to present it as Private Members Bill in the National Assembly but they are reluctant and have expressed some difficulties which those of us outside the political arena have not yet understood. Unfortunately, we do not have the Biafran Activists in the Government because the pioneers of the Biafran Struggle from 1999 said that the Biafrans should not participate in the Nigerian politics and census. Considering that the devolution of power to the regions is for the benefit of all Nigerians, we are now calling upon all the Senators and Members of the House of Representatives from the Middle Belt, South West, South-South and South East to move the Motion in the National Assembly to restructure Nigeria into Regional Governments.
12. This is the vision of Ohanaeze Ndigbo. It is in line with our Biafra Project Phase 2. Our Founding Chairman and Leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, the Late Honourable Justice Eze Ozobu, OFR, signed the Memorandum in 2012 with the following Elders on behalf of the Igbo Nation as mandated by the Imeobi Ohanaeze Ndigbo, namely: (1) Amb Raph Uwechue OFR; (2) Prof J. O. Irukwu (SAN); (3) Chief Nduka I Eya; (4) HRM Eze C. I. Ilomuanya CON; and (5) Chief Gary Enwo-Igariwey, presented to the National Assembly for the restructuring of Nigeria into 6 autonomous self-governing regions. They asserted that Regional Government was the best solution and the minimum status that we would accept to remain as a people in Nigeria otherwise the country should be dissolved in peace. We have continued with this vision.
13. The Struggle for self-determination is a team work. It is not the work for only one group or one person. We may not belong to one group but there must be unity in diversity. Everybody plays his or her part and every group plays its own role. The pioneer Biafra activists for the current agitation that started in 1999 have played their role in the Phase 1 of the Biafra Project which is the Awareness Creation Phase. We appreciate and honour them for the role they have played. It is just like in a football match where each player plays in his wing and passes the ball to the next player until the ball is passed to the player at a vantage position who will score the goal. The victory belongs to the whole team and not to the person whose leg scored the goal. The problem with some Biafra activists and leaders is that they don’t know when their own work is finished. The Awareness Creation Phase is completed. The next Phase is Restructuring Nigeria into Regional Governments. We call on all our politicians from the 4 geopolitical regions (Middle Belt, South West, South-South and South East) to play their own role now and score the winning goal. Self-determination struggle is teamwork.
14. We emphasise that a call into the national liberation ministry is a very sensitive matter because the destiny of millions of the people living now and those yet unborn would be affected by any mistake in the decision-making process. Therefore, we need the leaders that have understanding of the times and all the relevant factors to be considered. These are the type of men recorded in the Bible as “the children of Issachar which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do” (I Chron. 12:32). It is not every person that understands the times to know what the Biafrans and other Ethnic Nationalities suffering in Nigeria ought to do in the circumstances of the now.
15. Let our radical parliamentarians in the National Assembly stand up now and move the Motion to restructure Nigeria into Regional Autonomies. Let the DEBATE start now while Britain and the World Powers watch. Yes, there may be some fights and physical punches and throwing of chairs at one another when the Motion is moved but physical fight in the National Assembly is better than military war. After all, we have seen them several times fighting in the National Assembly. We emphasise that based on our professional opinion upon careful analysis of all the relevant factors, Restructuring Nigeria into Regional Governments is THE ONLY SOLUTION to stop Nigeria from breaking up in unprecedented violent bloodshed.
16. Those who want to join the Biafra Struggle by legal methodology are cordially invited. You can visit the Customary Government website on www.ipobgovernment.org and enter your details in the Biafra Database. Join us in our Town Hall Meetings. We are protected by judicial immunity. You can contact us by our email address: email@example.com; or visit our Office at Enugu. You can also contact MOBIN on Telephone Numbers +2347068031176 and +2348181830307 for further information on the activities of the Customary Government and the Politics of Biafra.
(TO BE CONTINUED IN THE PART 4)