The Attorneys to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu are reportedly at the United States Court of Appeal shopping for any Judge that can grant an “Emergency Motion” to stop Chicago State University (CSU) from handing over Tinubu’s documents to Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
It was gathered, however, that while Tinubu and his lawyers are busy shopping for an “Emergency Motions Judge” at the U.S Court of Appeal, Seventh Circuit, Attorneys to Alhaji Abubakar are already prepared to counter.
Tinubu and his lawyers are reportedly in a frenzy with few hours to the expiration of the ultimatum given by United States District Court Judge, Hon. Nancy L. Maldonado on September 30.
Judge Maldonado had, in her judgement in a suit filed former Vice President of Nigeria and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the 2023 presidential election, adopted the judgement of Magistrate Judge Gilbert.
Judge Gilbert had, in his decision, recommended in full and ordered Chicago State University to release Tinubu’s academic records to Atiku.
With just few hours left, there speculations that Tinubu’s team would succeed.
We learnt that barely 40 minutes ago, Chicago State University is already making preparations to hand over the documents to Atiku’s lawyers.
Reacting to the development, a former presidential aide, Mr. Jackson Udeh said that this is “the end of a fraudster”.
He said: “It is all over now for Bola Tinubu. All efforts to appeal and block the release of his academic records from the Chicago State University has failed.
“The school is now complying and making the release available to Atiku Abubakar’s lawyers. All documents…”
He also urged Nigerians to keep an eye on one Adesanya of a man who suddenly appeared from nowhere to claim he was Tinubu’s classmate at the University.
Reporting on further development, investigative journalist, Mr. David Hundeyin said:
“Atiku’s legal team tells me that Tinubu’s lawyers approached 3 Appeal courts in the US today without success.
“They then requested Atiku’s lawyers in Chicago to shift the deposition time tomorrow from 10am to 12noon so as to buy time. Atiku’s team refused.”
Below is a breakdown of analysis on what to expect from Bola Tinubu’s forged academic records as presented by Mr. Udeh:
A. The document marked “A” is the certificate submitted by BAT to INEC. This certificate is in every material respect, exactly the same as the document marked “B” except for the following:
1. “A” is signed by at least 3 people whereas “B” is signed by only 2 people.
2. The document marked “E” states that BAT was issued a certificate on 22nd June 1979 but then proceeded to forward a copy of a certificate (“B”) dated 27th June 1979. Please note that “A” is actually dated 22nd June 1979, but this document did not emanate from CSU. Only “B” did.
3. It is clear that either “A” or “B” is fake (if not both). You cannot have two certificates issued by the same university, to the same person, for the same course of study, but issued on different dates and signed by two different sets of people.
4. The documents “A” and “B” both state that BAT graduated with a BSc in “Business AND Administration” whereas, document “E” (which came from CSU) states that BAT graduated with a BSc in “Business Administration”. It is important to note that CSU’s website states that “The College of Business offers a contemporary business program leading to a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or Masters in Business Administration (MBA)”. Nowhere is there any reference to “Business AND Administration” throughout the website.
5. If you look at both “A” and “B”, it would appear that one of them is fake. Further interrogation of both documents however tell me that BOTH certificates may well be fake – notwithstanding that “B” was purportedly issued by CSU. My reasons:
i. Both certificates were purportedly signed by Dr. Elnora D. Daniel. This is physically impossible, as Dr. Daniel was only President of CSU from 1998 to 2008. She was neither president of the university in 1979 – when the certificate was purportedly issued – nor was she president in 2022, when the replacement certificates were issued. (See document marked “D1” and “D2”)
ii. Certificate “A” was purportedly signed by two other people apart from Dr. Elnora D. Daniel. These names are not clear and it is indicative of a deliberate attempt to confuse the reader into believing the authenticity of the document.
iii. Certificate “A” was purportedly signed by Dr. Niva Lubin (please note that her name is actually Dr. Niva Lubin-Johnson and every public document or reference bears her full name, and not the abbreviation). This is also physically impossible, as Dr. Lubin-Johnson was the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of CSU from January 2001 to December 2002 only. She was appointed to the Board of Trustees only in 1996 and was not made the Chairperson until five years later. Dr. Lubin-Johnson was neither a member of the Board of Trustees nor its Chairperson in 1979 – when the purportedly issued – nor was she Chairperson in 2022, when the replacement certificate was purportedly issued. (See document marked “C1” and “C2”).
See the attached documents below:
Source : New Band