Peter Obi is not running a campaign. He is leading a movement.
Let me tell you the difference in case you don’t know.
1. Campaigns end as soon as the results of elections are announced. Movements continue thereafter.
2. Campaigns are driven by politicians while movements are driven by the people.
4. Campaigns are driven by interest while movements are driven by convictions
4. In Campaigns people follow a politician selfishly because they believe he/ she will win but in movements, the people follow selflessly because they believe the people will win.
5. In campaigns ,people follow a person while in a movement people follow ideology.
6. In campaigns politicians tell the people what they will do but in a movement the people know what the person they are following will do.
7. In a campaign, people who cast their vote believe they are doing a politician a favour but in a movement they know they are doing themselves a favour.
8. In a campaign, politicians build structures but in a movement the people build the structure and infact,everyone is a structure.
9. In campaigns we rely on politicians to convince us to get involved,we have people with apathy but in a movement people find motivation from within. Everyone is bold.
10. Campaigns come with a plan from day one but Movements don’t. They are spontaneous. They build momentum that becomes the plan.
11. Campaigns are like T.V advertisement politicians pay to get people in, but a movement is like a premiership match,the people pay to get in at their own expenses.
12. In a campaign people who oppose you or make a caricature of your campaign are usually confident but in a movement,people who oppose you or make caricature of the movement are scared of it.
PETER OBI IS A MOVEMENT. I AM PART OF THAT MOVEMENT. BE ALSO A PART OF THE MOVEMENT.
NOW IS THE TIME. STAND UP AND BE COUNTED .”