Customary Government of IPOB is not an organisation,it is not a pro Biafra group.It is a De facto Government of the indigenous people of Biafra under the Nigeria legal system.
The Command structure of the Customary Government of IPOB can be seen in the Organogram below:
CUSTOMARY GOVERNMENT OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF BIAFRA ORGANOGRAM
SUPREME COUNCIL OF ELDERS
( The Head is the Chairman/Deputy Chairman)
|NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
Heads of departments
The Head Of State Executive Council
The Head Of Foreign Missions
Representative of ethnic nationalities of Biafra
Leaders of pro Biafra groups
(Note:The Head Administration(Administrator) presides over the National Executive Council Meetings)
|THE Head of Administration(ADMINISTRATOR)|
|DEPARTMENTS/AGENCIES||COMMUNITY OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF BIAFRA||BIAFRA ETHNIC NATIONS|
1. Administration and Mobilization
2.Law & Due Process (Legal)
3.Media & Publicity
4.Diplomacy – International/Local Relation
6.Youth and Sports
7.Security and Intelligence
9.Social Services &Development
10. Research & Production.
11. Biafra Electoral Commission.
12 National Orientation Agency
13 Social Welfare Commission
14 Job Creation:Science and Technology
15 Dispute Resolution Commission (Customary Tribunals)
16 National Assembly
17 Political,Economic and Religious Affairs.
18.Agriculture and Mineral Resources
|STATE STRUCTURE :
1.State Executive Council
2. Provincial Administration .
ASIA – AFRICA – EUROPE – AUSTRALIA – NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA
HOST COUNTRY COORDINATOR
THE ABOVE ORGANOGRAM IS STILL OPEN TO EXPANSION AND MODIFICATION
Customary Government of the Indigenous People of Biafra is a De facto and transitionary government. It is not yet sovereign and operates under the Nigeria legal system. There is job for everybody and it is the intention of the Customary Government of IPOB to put all her officers on monthly salaries as soon as resources are made available.
Every Officer of the Customary Government has tenure of two years and to be renewed in line with Biafra electoral guideline. Anybody that serves Biafra at any level during the process of restoration will be on pension till death once Biafra is achieved. This is to encourage commitment and spirit of patriotism. The Biafra Electoral Commission will come up with the guideline to elect the Customary Government Officers.
The Leaders of Pro Biafra groups that believe in Legal methodology to achieve Biafra will be members of the Biafra National Executive Council and stand a chance of being elected the Administrator.
The Customary Government Administrator is in charge of the day to day running of Customary Government activities while National Executive Council convenes once a month to ratify major decisions in the entire Biafra struggle.
The Supreme Council of Elders is the apex decision making body and should be consulted before any issue will be seen as Biafra project.
Note also that the approved methodology to pursue self determination by the Biafran people are Legal,Diplomatic and Political.For now,Customary Government handles the legal approach through Bilie Human Rights Initiatives.The Customary Government interfaces with the Human Rights Organisation through the person in charge of Legal Department.Customary Government handles the Political approach through Movement of Biafra in Nigeria(MOBIN).The CG-IPOB interacts with MOBIN and Political Parties registered in Nigeria through the Head of Political Affairs in the Customary Government.
The Financial department of the Customary Government is under the control of the Elders.Umuafra indigenous Dev Association ;account no 1771641158,Skye Bank Plc
Below is CG-IPOB Administrative guideline for seamless governmental intervention.
FOR THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL (NEC) OF
THE CUSTOMARY GOVERNMENT OF INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF BIAFRA
- The body of all the remnants of Biafra which was officially constituted into a non-legal entity in 2012 to sue the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Attorney-General of the Federation in a representative capacity by Bilie Human Rights Initiative in Suit No FHC/OW/CS/112/2012 now renumbered as Suit No FHC/OW/CS/192/2013 has established its Customary Government with administrative headquarters in Nnewi, Nigeria known as the Customary Government of Indigenous People of Biafra headed by the Supreme Council of Elders (hereinafter called the Customary Government of Biafra).
- The Customary Government of Biafra is not a sovereign entity and shall administer the affairs of all Indigenous People of Biafra by the application of customary law and private law in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the rules of international law.
- The Customary Government of Biafra acknowledges that all Indigenous People of Biafra are Nigerians by citizenship while they struggle for independence from Nigeria and shall upon attainment of independence maintain diplomatic and friendly ties with the governments of all nations that love Biafra and shall allow the Biafrans to exercise their fundamental rights under the human rights law regarding the choice of nationalities and citizenships.
- The Customary Government of Biafra has observed that many Biafrans have different opinions as to the best approach to the Biafran independence struggle and this has caused unnecessary disagreements and in-fighting among them. It has therefore become necessary that all Indigenous People of Biafra must be under proper supervision and guidance by the Customary Government of Biafra to avoid anarchy, lawlessness and bloodshed among the various pro-Biafra groups agitating for the independence of Biafra.
- Pursuant to the foregoing, the Supreme Council of Elders of Indigenous People of Biafra has approved and created an administrative body known as the National Executive Council (NEC) comprising the representatives of all pro-Biafra groups which recognise the legitimacy and authority of the Supreme Council of Elders to run the day-to-day affairs of the Customary Government of Biafra subject to these Administrative Guidelines.
- ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL (NEC):
- By the power of the Supreme Council of Elders of Indigenous People of Biafra, an administrative body known as the National Executive Council (NEC) is hereby established to oversee the day-to-day affairs of all Indigenous People of Biafra under the Supreme Council of Elders and shall take decisions for the Customary Government of Biafra subject to confirmation by the Supreme Council of Elders.
- The National Executive Council shall be composed of the representatives of all the pro-Biafra groups which recognise the legitimacy and authority of the Supreme Council of Elders and shall be 24 members subject to amendment of these Administrative Guidelines.
- The National Executive Council shall hold their meetings periodically or as frequently as circumstances demand. The meetings of the NEC shall be convened by the Administrator of the Customary Government of Indigenous People of Biafra.
To be continued
The Directorate of INFORMATION,CG-IPOB